Bandon School District has an opening for Food Service Director. The qualified candidate will be responsible to oversee a district-wide food service program; analyze effectiveness, assure compliance with district, state and federal laws, regulations and safety and sanitation procedures.
The position is open until filled. Click here for a full job description and to apply online.
Tigard-Tualatin School District is looking for a Nutrition Services Manager who can plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the operation of the District’s nutrition services program for 12,000 students and 1,350 staff members in 16 school sites. The successful applicant will be able to assure efficient and effective purchasing, production methods and operations, and assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations as well as with standards of health, safety and nutrition, as well as select, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of food service staff.
The online application can be found here. Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2021.
The Corvallis School District has opened applications for Food & Nutrition Services Manager. The full-time position is responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, managing and reviewing all operational and administrative elements of the district’s school nutrition programs. The FNS manager is responsible for monitoring nutrition services staff and operations at school sites to ensure compliance with federal and state law in addition to district policy and procedures. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and supervises the work of food service employees at various district work sites.
For full job description and to apply online by June 27, click here.
Yamhill Carlton School District has a job opening for Food Service Director. Job responsibilities include: Direct and supervise food service program activities, staff performance, community relations, fiscal management, and physical plant management of food service areas to meet board approved goals, objectives and procedures for students, staff and community while adhering to local, state and federal regulations.
Click here for the full job description and to apply online. Application deadline is Fri., June 18.
Applications for the position of Nutrition Services Supervisor at McMinnville School District are now open.
Visit the job description page to apply online.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support and leadership in directing the Nutrition Services Department operations to maintain an effective and efficient child nutrition program, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines, regulations and laws related to public schools’ child nutrition programs.
- Participate in and lead the development of solutions for Department issues; develop policies to meet department environmental program goals; monitor operations and assure the quality of the services and work products; interpret policies and procedures, and assure the consistent interpretation and application of Federal, State and McMinnville Public Schools rules and regulations.
- Assist in establishing financial objectives and goals; recommend efficiencies to keep costs within established financial guidelines; analyze costs of materials, equipment, commodities and labor; track and monitor departmental expenditures to assure the effective allocation and utilization of resources and manage contracts for special services.
- Direct sanitation, food safety and employee safety activities; ensure that procedures to identify potential food safety hazards HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plans and food quality procedures are created and implemented; ensure implementation of employee safety regulations.
- Manage assigned staff; develop priorities and assign tasks and projects; monitor progress to assure quality and timely delivery of services; assure that appropriate services are provided and goals are defined and achieved; develop staff skills and conduct performance evaluations, meet regularly to discuss and resolve priorities, workload and related issues.
- Direct procedures to assure production of safe, nutrition and high quality food; monitor operational procedures for efficient and effective food distribution.
- Develop and oversee nutrition and menu planning to ensure meals are cost effective and meet regulatory guidelines.
- Direct Supply Chain to insure that the department has the appropriate resources to support the needs of the district.
- Oversee and implement Nutrition Services marketing plans using a variety of media, including web, social media and written communications.
- Responsible for being familiar with the school/district policies and procedures which govern the work.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
The Spokane Public Schools has an opening for Nutrition Services Supervisor who coordinates the district’s menu development, nutrient analysis, and summer meals program. Spokane Public Schools has 30,000 student and 53 schools and the Nutrition Services program is known for providing excellent meals for the children in our community.
SPS NW Web page: www.spokaneschools.org/meals
The deadline for applications has been extended to February 25. The posting can be found on the district’s HR web page link below.
SPS Nutrition Services Supervisor Opening: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/spokaneschools/jobs/2974698/nutrition-services-area-supervisor-8-hrs-cont-nutrition-services-admin-bld
The position performs managerial and supervisory duties operating a district-wide food service operation, and collaborates with others in the school, school district, and community to operate a successful district nutrition program that complies with all state and federal regulations and district policy.
Applications are due by Nov. 13, and the position starts on Jan. 4, 2021.
For a full job description and online application instructions, click here.
As a Child Nutrition Specialist, you will evaluate viability, capability and accountability of applicants and sponsors. You will also provide training, consultative technical assistance, monitoring and communication to support the effective administration of Oregon Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) in public, non-profit, for-profit and tribal settings. Recruit sponsors and participants to address food insecurity in Oregon and support healthy nutrition and eating behaviors.
For full job descriptions, qualification requirements and an online application form, please click here.
Application deadline: August 16, 2020
- Responsible for the overall employee supervision of the food service department
- Plans, directs, and reviews the work of the Food Service Supervisor
- Coordinates with the Food Service Supervisor on scheduling, hiring, training, performance appraisals of building level staff
- Evaluates Food Service Supervisor performance and prepares performance appraisal with input from building administrators
For a full job description, salary and application information, please click here.
General Description of Responsibilites
Perform head cook responsibilities at Gladstone Center for Children and Families or as designated. Serve students nutritious meals, provide a cheerful cafeteria environment for students and adults, strive to increase participation and manage the building level school lunch program in a cost effective manner. Assist District in coordinating a district-wide food service program according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements. Develop and maintain high standards of food preparation and service with emphasis on menu appeal and nutritional value. Maintain high standards of sanitation and safety. Maintain a variety of records including those required for audit and review. Facilitate cooperation with education partners, administrators, teachers, parents and students. It is a common goal of the district to operate the overall food service program at a break-even point.
Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2020. Start Date: April 1, 2020 or as soon as possible.
Apply online here.