Applications for the position of Nutrition Services Supervisor at McMinnville School District are now open.
Visit the job description page to apply online.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support and leadership in directing the Nutrition Services Department operations to maintain an effective and efficient child nutrition program, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines, regulations and laws related to public schools’ child nutrition programs.
- Participate in and lead the development of solutions for Department issues; develop policies to meet department environmental program goals; monitor operations and assure the quality of the services and work products; interpret policies and procedures, and assure the consistent interpretation and application of Federal, State and McMinnville Public Schools rules and regulations.
- Assist in establishing financial objectives and goals; recommend efficiencies to keep costs within established financial guidelines; analyze costs of materials, equipment, commodities and labor; track and monitor departmental expenditures to assure the effective allocation and utilization of resources and manage contracts for special services.
- Direct sanitation, food safety and employee safety activities; ensure that procedures to identify potential food safety hazards HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plans and food quality procedures are created and implemented; ensure implementation of employee safety regulations.
- Manage assigned staff; develop priorities and assign tasks and projects; monitor progress to assure quality and timely delivery of services; assure that appropriate services are provided and goals are defined and achieved; develop staff skills and conduct performance evaluations, meet regularly to discuss and resolve priorities, workload and related issues.
- Direct procedures to assure production of safe, nutrition and high quality food; monitor operational procedures for efficient and effective food distribution.
- Develop and oversee nutrition and menu planning to ensure meals are cost effective and meet regulatory guidelines.
- Direct Supply Chain to insure that the department has the appropriate resources to support the needs of the district.
- Oversee and implement Nutrition Services marketing plans using a variety of media, including web, social media and written communications.
- Responsible for being familiar with the school/district policies and procedures which govern the work.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.