Food Roots, a community food system organization serving the north coast of Oregon, is seeking a Farm to School Coordinator. This position ranges from 25-30 hours weekly, and is grant funded through September, 2017, with the intent for annual continuation and future funding by grants.
Food Roots Farm to School program works with all three Tillamook County School Districts from north, central and south parts of the county along the our rural coastline. Primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver school garden and nutrition education curriculum at area schools
- Coordinate, educate and lead students in harvest of the month and tasting table activities at area schools
- Coordinate farm field trips and farmer to classroom visits for area schools
- Develop, deliver and lead family and community engagement activities for Farm to School activities
- Strengthen existing Farm to School programming at Food Roots including School to Market project
- Develop and implement summer Farm to School activities for grade school students
- Partner with community organizations, schools, leaders, to strengthen student and family engagement in healthy food awareness, consumption and local agriculture engagement.
- Support Food Roots FoodCorps service member in healthy school program implementation
- Develop partnerships and strengthen school food service director and cafeteria staff relationships
Visit the Food Roots Job Opportunities page for a full position description and application instructions.
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled, to start ASAP.