The Beaverton School District is accepting applications for Administrator for Nutrition Services. The Administrator for Nutrition Services oversees the management of the Nutrition Services Department, ensuring that nutritious and attractive meals are served to students, and that healthy eating habits are promoted throughout the District.
Applications are due by February 3, 2017. Please click on the Beaverton SD Job Openings link for online application information and position details.
Applicants are asked to attach two letters of recommendation and unofficial transcripts to their applications. If unable to do so and are selected for an interview, they are required to bring them to the interview. Official transcripts are required at time of hire.
COMPENSATION: Benefit package includes family medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement planning financial products, professional dues, tuition reimbursement and mileage and cell phone stipends. Annual salary: $117,731 – $122,636 (2016-2017 rates), depending on level, qualifications and experience. Twelve-month (255 days) work year, including 10 holidays.
Get details on the latest happenings in school nutrition and updated information on OSNA’s 2017 State Conference in the January 2017 edition of our e-newsletter, OSNA School Meal Scoop!
Please visit the OSNA State Conference page for a 2017 Registration form and information about pre-conference classes, including Nutrition 101, ServSafe and the SNS Credentialing Exam. Full program agenda and speaker details will be posted soon!
Exhibitors can download exhibit packet registration, show floor plan and other materials from the bottom of the page.
Check out the latest issue of our e-newsletter, OSNA School Meal Scoop!
- We are changing leadership regularly. It will be nice to be able to access the logo for letterhead when we get a new secretary, treasurer or president. SNA will be able to get the logo to whomever needs it.
- Any updates to the logo will be handled by SNA and pushed out to the states. We simplly need to receive the changes.
- It helps to identify OSNA as an affiliate of SNA.
- It looks sharp and professional.
Applications for the 10th Annual School Wellness Awards are now open! The Oregon Department of Education will select three award winners who are doing an outstanding job of putting school wellness policies into action and making the connection between nutrition, physical activity and academic achievement!
Winning schools receive a $2500 check, a plaque and banner presented during a school assembly. Oregon schools who are actively working to improve student and staff wellness should definitely apply.
Visit the link for the School Wellness Award page.
To examine how school meal programs have encouraged good decisions among their students, the Kids’ Safe and Healthful Foods Project—a joint initiative of The Pew Charitable Trusts and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—commissioned a nationally representative sample of school nutrition department directors. The project also gathered insights on the survey data from a panel of school nutrition leaders whose districts are recognized for their success in serving healthy meals and snacks. The research makes clear that multiple strategies, particularly those that engage children’s creativity and invite their input, have helped instill healthy eating behaviors at schools across the country.
Click here to download the initiative’s new Fact Sheet: Schools Embrace Proven Strategies to Promote Students’ Healthy Eating (.pdf) to get the scoop on how nutrition directors encourage involving kids in food choices and expand meal service beyond the cafeteria.
Need equipment to update your cafeteria or promote/expand your school breakfast program? Fuel Up to Play 60 has grant funding, up to $4,000/school, to support academic success through school-wide healthy eating and physical activity initiatives.
Applications are open online until November 2, 2016 at www.fueluptoplay60.com.
Food Roots, a community food system organization serving the north coast of Oregon, is seeking a Farm to School Coordinator. This position ranges from 25-30 hours weekly, and is grant funded through September, 2017, with the intent for annual continuation and future funding by grants.
Food Roots Farm to School program works with all three Tillamook County School Districts from north, central and south parts of the county along the our rural coastline. Primary tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver school garden and nutrition education curriculum at area schools
- Coordinate, educate and lead students in harvest of the month and tasting table activities at area schools
- Coordinate farm field trips and farmer to classroom visits for area schools
- Develop, deliver and lead family and community engagement activities for Farm to School activities
- Strengthen existing Farm to School programming at Food Roots including School to Market project
- Develop and implement summer Farm to School activities for grade school students
- Partner with community organizations, schools, leaders, to strengthen student and family engagement in healthy food awareness, consumption and local agriculture engagement.
- Support Food Roots FoodCorps service member in healthy school program implementation
- Develop partnerships and strengthen school food service director and cafeteria staff relationships
Visit the Food Roots Job Opportunities page for a full position description and application instructions.
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled, to start ASAP.
Sherwood School District has announced an immediate opening for a Food Service Manager at Archer Glen Elementary School. The successful applicant will direct the operations of the school kitchen with assistance from the Director of Nutrition and Food Services. The Food Service Manager is responsible for day-to-day performance of tasks required to provide a food service programs to a school population, including providing assistance in schools to plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals to students and staff in a sanitary, efficient and friendly environment.
For a full job description and online application, please visit the Sherwood SD Employment page. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.