OSNA’s Annual Industry Seminar
And USDA Foods (Commodity) Food Show
October 10, 2014
At Spirit Mountain Event Center
Click here for the 2014 Industry Seminar Registration Form
Lodging Available at Spirit Mountain Lodge Call to book your room before Sept. 9! (800) 760-7977
Mention that you will be attending the Oregon School Nutrition Association Seminar for the group rate!
2014-15 BREAKFAST GRANT APPLICATION
Applications due August 29th
The Fuel Up™ Breakfast Grant program is sponsored by General Mills Foodservice as part of a partnership effort with National Dairy Council® to help improve student access to high-quality, nutritious foods at school. This grant specifically targets breakfast, providing funds to help schools improve or expand their breakfast programs with an emphasis on alternative breakfast options that are sustainable.
To be considered for the Fuel Up™ Breakfast Grant schools must:
- Complete and submit an accurate online grant application.
- Participate in the USDA School Breakfast Program.
- Be enrolled in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program for the 2013-14 school year and agree to participate fully by displaying the Fuel Up to Play 60 Activation Kit materials and encouraging students to track their healthy eating and physical activity online. (Note: program enrollment is free of charge and schools can enroll online at www.FuelUpToPlay60.com).
- Have support /backing from the school principal, district school nutrition director, and school nutrition manager.
- Have school enrollment of at least 500 students.
- Have opportunity to raise breakfast participation (current participation is < 40%).
Please contact Crista Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
SNA 2014 Award Winners Announced!
Congratulations to the following SNA Award winners from Oregon:
Jeri Paull winner of Schwan’s Foodservice Scholarship: Scholarships, funded by a generous annual donation by Schwan’s Food Service, Inc, of up to $2,500 each are awarded each year to SNA members pursuing degrees in a school nutrition related fields.
Jane Conway winner of ANC First Timers Scholarship: The PepsiCo ANC First-Timer Scholarship gives SNA members from employee and manager categories who have never attended SAN’s Annual National Conference an opportunity to attend.
Nela”Pixie” Ertz Northwest Regional winner of: Louise Sublette Award of Excellence in School Nutrition.
Cinthia Hiatt-Henry Northwest Regional winner of: Outstanding Director of the Year
Congratulations also goes to:
Gitta Grether-Sweeney was honored for being a Women of Influence in the Portland Business Journal, April 25, 2014 issue, with an Orchid Award – Non-Profit Division
Take action to help protect school meals! Click here to encourage your Member of Congress to provide the necessary flexibility school nutrition operators need to provide healthy, tasty meals to America’s students while maintaining a financially viable program.
New Photos of the State conference under the Meeting Tab
Follow us on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/osna2011